Areas of Work
Participatory Rural Development Initiatives Society (PRDIS) is a non-government organization (NGO) promoted by a group of professionals. Holistic and sustainable developments are the twin objectives of PRDIS.
- Poverty Alleviation
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Studies
- Entrepreneurship Skill Development
- Natural Resource Management
- Environmental and Equity Concerns
- Health and Education Issues
Nature of Works
- Capacity building
- Research and Extension Services
- Social sector services includes Decent Work
- Participatory Rural Development
- Micro level planning
- Supply chain management
- Farmer Field Schools and Farmer life Schools
- Livelihoods improvement Initiatives
- Productivity Enhancement in Agricultural Sector ( cotton, Maize, sugarcane, paddy,chillies, soyabean, groundnut, sorghum, dairy, poultry and fisheries)
Publication & Success Stories
- Impact Assessment (BCI) Study Report
- Proceedings of the National Workshop on Strategies for Public Awareness on Biotechnology for Sustainable Agriculture. Held at Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad September 18-20, 2001. Jointly organized by Participatory Rural Development Initiatives Society (PRDIS) and Biotechnology Unit (BTU) (Andhra Pradesh Netherlands Biotechnology Programme) Institute of Public Enterprise.
- Press coverage in Eenadu.
- PRDIS represented by Prof.S.V.Reddy was elected as BCI council member under civil society category.
- PRDIS was presented with FICCI- Prestigious Sustainable Agriculture Development Award 2021.
- Book Release : A book on " Advance in Agricultural Extension (Towards changing the lives and livelihoods) " was released by Dr.Daniel J.Gustafson, DDG, FAO, on the occasion of Foundation day of Sarvareddy Venkureddy Foundation for Development (SVFD). Foreword was written by Dr. M.S.Swaminathan while edited by Prof.S.Venku Reddy and Dr.M.Surya Mani.
- PRDIS is associated with ISEAL in implementation of Better cotton programme at Adoni, Kurnool district, A.P
President PRDIS is Honored with Life Time Achievement Award
Prof.S.Venku Reddy, President & Executive Director, PRDIS receiving Lifetime Achievement Award from Vice President H.E. Venkaiah Naidu garu for 50 years service rendered to Agricultural Extension in general and Farming community in particular during last week at Hyderabad. more...